Among various types of web hosting, there are three most famous types known as shared, dedicated, and virtual private server (VPS) hosting. Choosing the best hosting website can help the website to work efficiently. When research about the server is done, characteristics like cost, performance, stability, security, etc should be kept in mind to satisfy all the needs. Adapting reliable web hosting will provide the ability to reach an online audience.
Factors to consider while selecting a hosting plan:
The basic attention should be on the level of security provided and the cost that plan offers. Check if the service is offered 24/7 and support the upgraded tools when needed. Web hosting can be chosen based on the storage of data, RAM, operating system, and the processor you use for work. For basic personal blog website, Shared hosting is preferable.
What are VPS and Dedicated Server?
- In a virtual private server (VPS), multiple websites are hosted on the same server with a limited area of bandwidth. It uses special software or hypervisor to keep the resources restricted from the other servers.
- While in a dedicated server is for personal use with a long-range, where the client can store whatever they want. There is no restriction on resource usage. One can take control of all the data.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) vs Dedicated Server
Let us compare both the server-based different information as follows:
- Cost: Surely, there is no doubt in saying that VPS plans are cheap compared to a dedicated server. As the number of customers is more on a single server, the charge is expected less. The package is varied with options and has cheap dedicated server 1gbps.
- Security: There is a change of attack from neighbors on the server. In that case, dedicated hosting is safer than the virtual server as a single client is dependent on the server. Sometimes virtual environment may protect from the loss of data.
- Configuration: The capacity of the VPS environment to install software packages is less compared to a dedicated server. There is a facility to configure the server using the webmaster in dedicated hosting with large storage and memory.
- Management: While doing reconfiguration of the server, the dedicated server has more efficiency compared to VPS or any other environment.
With the constantly evolving server, choose the one that is highly reputed and has long term solution.